Seven Deadly Sins
Characters in Castle Falkenstein are easy to generate. There is no character sheet, per se, but rather the character’s personal journal. As you ponder your character, here are the questions you should be considering:
- What is your name?
- Where were you born and where do you live now?
- What do you look like?
- What was your childhood and general upbringing like?
- What are your Virtues and Vices?
- What is your Style?
- What do you like or dislike?
- What principle do you value most?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- Who do you value most in the world?
- Who (or what) is your Nemesis?
- What are your Alliances?
- How is your love life?
- What are your goals: social, professional, and romantic?
- What event or action in your life are you most proud of?
- What event or action in your life do you most regret?
Here is a sample of a character journal I found online:
From a game-mechanics standpoint, you also should answer the following questions:
- What is the one ability that you are Great at?
- What are the four abilities that you are Good at?
- What is the one ability that you are Poor at?
Ability List – List of Abilities
Note: If you want to play a Wizard of some sort, you must take Sorcery at Good (and only Good).
Sample Character Archetypes
Calculation Engineer (think Babbage engines)
Soldier of Fortune